My favourite piece of technology

My favourite piece of technology

-


My favorite piece of technology, in my case, I would like to think that it is the pencil, understanding as a pencil everything you can use to make a mark on a canvas, as you read in the previous blog, pencils are essential in my house, there are everywhere and of all kinds, boxes full of them, and they have accompanied me throughout my existence.

A big variety of pencils exist today, I think it is a very personal piece of technology, because it has always been used for human expression, they have been witnesses and editors of human history, each thought and ideology has passed from the mind to the pencil in order to be captured in time.

I have always had more than one pencil case and when I went to school I had to carry only one, but I needed at least to have several compartments to organize my pencils, as I did not like to lend them, I had some that I used personally and others that unfortunately happened from hand to hand among my peers.

When I moved to Santiago to study I had to leave all my pencils at home and limit my number of pencils that I could use at the university due to the travel time and the possibility that my backpack would be stolen.

One would think that a pencil in an archaic piece that can not evolve but is not like that, currently the pencil that I use the most per day, for several hours, is the apple pencil 2nd generation, it is such a useful tool to paint on the iPad Pro that in fact I would not have bought the device if I had the pencil, it is very comfortable and light without mentioning the perfection of the line, it has a perfect ergonomics that I do not know how they will overcome in the future.

I think that an existence without a pencil is very difficult because if we could not write, writing dates back to ancient times from the cave paintings with 44,000 years old until today we have needed to leave our mark on history and what better way to do it than with a pencil.

-"It seems that human beings have an adaptive predisposition to invent, contrast and consume stories". (1) 




Comentarios

Entradas populares