'Free Topic #2' - Whack World


Greetings again my dear readers,
In this post, being a free song, he chose the visual album project Whack World, which is the debut studio album by the American rapper Tierra Whack. It was released in 2018, by Interscope Records.

In simple words Whack World is an album of 15 songs of 1 minute each, accompanied by a video that narrates each song creating a 15 min short film.

Whack World is more than a destroyer of radical formats. Whack breaks the convention rules with 60-second confessions that follow a non-linear narrative based less on chronology than lyrical wit and abstract logic.

"It's as fluid and true as a dream, though still open to interpretation - art that, in its fluidity, can transcend genre. Is it horror? Is it comedy? Is it a thriller? It's every element of every genre that can be collaged into a picture of contemporary black life. "

- "Whack World is an album, not a song; a short film rather than a short video, with this project, I was trying to hit almost all the emotions. And there are many emotions," ... "I just incorporate everything in my world and give it to you. Everyone won't understand, but I agree with that. If you take the time and dig deeper, maybe you will. But I'm just trying to be happy for myself. " 


I personally recommend it because it is a visual piece that breaks the pre-established schemes by the industry.
At the end of the blog I leave the short film for you to enjoy.







Comentarios

Entradas populares