Redart An Art Director

Welcome my readers, now that we are starting the last month of a very strange year, something that we could not escape is thinking about the future, in this case my future job.



Since I was little I watched many movies and series, alone, with my brothers, my parents and my family, those stories became part of us, every time we can we see them again and they remind us of the old days, a long time ago that I I want to be part of that world and because of my abilities I have realized that it is possible to join my current career and perfect it to become an art director and thus create new stories for new families.

 


An art director makes sure that the story makes sense in a visual way, the truth is that it is present in everything we see (not only in video but in publications, literature, theater, commercials, etc.) but we do not give ourselves counts because it goes unnoticed.

Among the functions performed by art directors are:
    Generate the main idea based on the concept. The development of the project depends on your idea, its initial creation. That is why you need to be a receptive person, since you must be able to internalize the concept offered by the creative director.
    Be able to capture that motor idea graphically. There are discussions about the skills needed to carry out this part of an art director's job. There are those who maintain that drawing is essential. Others would force the art director to handle all kinds of graphic design or illustration programs. For others it would be enough if he knew how to make a good collage. Remember in any case that the purpose is to communicate the idea effectively. The method should not be the most important thing.
    Give approval to the final art. The final art is what will be presented to the client and must respond to the initial briefing and concept of the creative director. The art director will make his overall vision available to the production technicians. He will be the one who decides colors, typography, proportions, etc.



I know I still have time to become an art director, but I know I want to achieve it.

 

 

Comentarios

  1. Is very difficult to make concept art to the scenarios but is very interesting, give identity of the scene and transmit emotions with the light and the background sounds. I hope you have able to achieve to be an art director someday.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares